Thursday 2 August 2007

The Polaroid Kidd




I discovered Mike Brody's work last year and was astounded by the quality of light he managed to capture in his Polaroid's. His photographs are the most interesting I have seen in a long time and you can really feel a sense of connection between photographer and subject. Further reading reveals that the young Brody travels with his subjects and finds out more about their lifestyles before shooting.

Often his subjects are travelers, children and animals. For me, each print commands attention and transports you to his own world. In my opinion, one of the best photographers there are. He has inspired me to experiment with Polaroid cameras and even provoked an in studio digital shoot where I photographed a traveler myself.

ridin' dirty face.com




This site also features some of his work but it has a great section on found Polaroid's which is very interesting.

Plrds.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's still a bit unbelievable how Brodie can get such crisp and colorful polaroids...but either way, I must agree: he is one of the best!