Sunday 26 August 2007

Back In Black



I just remembered this fantastic advert by Laird & Partners I saw last year in America for GAP. More specifically it was for the skinny black jean. It involved the legend that is Audrey Hepburn looking rather amazing as usual and dancing to Back in Black by ACDC. I have debated many times whether the Audrey you see throughout the ad is actually the real one all the way through. But let me know what you think. I couldn't get it out of my head for ages and whilst it is a fairly old advert, it occurred to me that it probably wasn't shown on UK TV.

It has triggered many spoofs and copy cat ads, which can also be found on youtube. It is by all intents and purposes a traditional GAP advert, keeping the kaleidoscope effects and split images, paired with the simple white background and figure focus. However I think this is one of their best. You instantly know it is GAP being advertised, and yet the use of a classic celebrity in a modern context keeps the viewer interested. They have also aged the background to emphasise the vintage effect and used vignettes around the edges. Original voice over is also employed to push the carefree attitude of Hepburn which characterises the product. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.jibjab.com/view/141315

I couldn't find it on youtube, so I had to google a bit... :D