Monday 13 October 2008

Golden Gate Bridge


I recently embarked on a journey through California and Florida. My first stop was San Francisco, where I stayed with my boyfriends aunt, Theresa. We walked an awful lot and I got to go to some great restaurants as well as the farmers market at the Ferry Building. One of my biggest achievements in the city was that I walked from the Mission district, through the downtown area and to the Golden Gate Bridge. I took this photograph just before Theresa and I walked over the epic 1.7 mile long bridge (4200 feet).

I have to say that my feet were hurting rather a lot when I completed the bridge and so we took the bus home. But now I can say that I did it. And I have this beautiful picture with the cloud falling over the immense structure as a reward.


Click here for a flickr feed of more pictures from my travels.

No comments: