Monday 24 September 2007

Blake Suarez & Flyover Gallery


It's about time that I paid tribute to this man. Blake Suarez, has been a major influence in my design work in the past year. And yes, he is my boyfriend and I am of course biased, but his illustrations have such character and humour to them. These latest posters have been designed for a show at the Flyover Gallery in Madison, Wisconsin. www.flyovergallery.com

The retro movie posters have been adapted by Suarez to include some of his own characters, and creates a more unusual scene. Some of the original characters seem to be reacting to their new mates in a humourous way, and that is what I think make these pieces most successful.




For more information or to purchase some of Blake Suarez's original work, visit plaza.ufl.edu/bsuarez

No comments: