Wednesday 25 February 2009

Penguin Classic Hardbacks

Penguin have come up trumps again, releasing their new range of hardback books. The design is simple pattern repetition in two colour. I saw the books whilst perusing through the shelves of Waterstones the other day and I was tempted to buy the whole lot, even though I already own half of the titles.

Below is a close up of Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre in red and gray with what looks to be horse chestnut leaves in a traditional arrangement. I will definitely endeavour to introduce them to my bookshelf as soon as I have some spare cash.


I really like this one, mainly for the subtle colours and delicate pattern which I feel really goes with the story of Wuthering Heights. Each pattern is appropriate to the story and I think this is very important, even if it is conceptual and not immediately apparent.


The design is by Coralie Bickford-Smith and more of the covers can be seen on Flickr Other book covers by Bickford-Smith can be seen on her personal website cb-smith.com


More information is available on the Penguin Blog

No comments: