Sunday 15 July 2007

Dreams



Over the past year, I practiced with stop motion animation and incorporated the technique in one of my design projects, packaging Marie O'Connor. I also experimented with light drawing, using a long exposure on my camera and a small laser. Sprint (an American mobile phone company) has just released a new ad marketing their campaign "Ahead," which caught my attention, because the commercial uses both techniques, which I am now familiar with. With the help of several local artists in San Francisco, the director met up over the course of multiple nights to shoot the photographs. The artists drew out scenes with their torches, which are recorded in the exposure, and then the photographs were used to create the stop motion animation.

To see a "behind the scenes" video on the project, click here.

No comments: